Residents living around Cavendish road should have received a consultation letter about Transport for London’s proposals to include Cavendish Road in its Quietway 5 and to make some changes to the road itself. This is to remind you that the deadline for responding is closing imminently. Please visit the following page of the Lambeth website to find out more about the proposals and how to respond.
Just in summary the proposals are:
Quietways will be a network of high quality, well signed cycle routes throughout London, mostly using backstreets. The routes will link key destinations and are designed to appeal to new and existing people that cycle who want to use quieter, low-traffic routes. Quietways will complement other cycling initiatives in London, such as the Cycle Superhighways.
Proposals for Cavendish Road include:
* Install raised tables at the junction of Cavendish Road and Cathles Road and the junction of Cavendish Road and Kenilford Road
* Introduce cycle friendly speeds humps along the length of Cavendish Road (see design for approximate locations)
* Build out footways at the junction of Cavendish Road/Old Devonshire Road and Cavendish Road/Weir Road
* Raised junction entry treatment at Old Devonshire Road
* Raise the existing zebra crossing on Emmanuel Road