Council Tax Benefit (CTB) will stop being a benefit which Lambeth pays out on behalf of the Government, and will become a Local Council Tax Support Scheme set up by the council.
The Government are giving the council less money to pay for the new Local Council Tax Support Scheme than they have paid out to residents in past years. In 2013/14 the council will receive £2.6 million less to give out in support to claimants. This means they must save money through the new scheme.
Lambeth would like residents to help shape the Local Council Tax Support Scheme that will come in to force from April 2013.
The consultation is open until midnight on 19 October 2012, please give your views.
You can complete a questionnaire online.
You can also request a paper one by calling 020 7926 6038 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper questionnaires need to be returned to:
London Borough of Lambeth
If you want to speak to somebody face to face about the consultation you can do so at one of the customer centres:
- Brixton Customer Centre, Olive Morris House, Brixton Hill, SW2 1RW
- Streatham Customer Centre, Gracefield Gardens, SW16 2ST.
- Council tax Support Scheme consultation – find out more
- Council Tax Support Scheme consultation – Your questions answered
- Proposed Local Council Tax Support scheme