MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM YOUR LOCAL LABOUR COUNCILLORS
We are writing to send you seasonal greetings and let you know what we local councillors have been doing in 2011 to make Thornton a better place:
We’ve successfully lobbied the Borough Commander to get the ward’s Safer Neighbourhood Police Team up to full strength;
- Helped renovate a playground on the Clapham Park Estate;
- Secured improvements to the Sinclair Estate;
- Successfully lobbied to have Clarence Avenue resurfaced;
- Worked hard to improve Poynders Estate rubbish facilities/collection; and
- Helped win a £2,000 grant for a pensioners’ lunch club.
Much of our time is spent meeting people in the ward, taking up the issues they identify and trying to get them resolved.
Just at the moment we’re helping one group of residents with their tenancy problems and another with some difficulties they’ve been having with gas works in their street.
If there is anything that we might be able to help you with, please contact us.
On a borough wide level, despite having our revenue grant from the Lib Dem/Tory government cut by a third, we are proud that Lambeth Council:
- Is soon to open a new library and sports centre in Clapham High Street;
- Has frozen council tax for three years;
- Has delivered great improvements in education and the environment; and
- Is hoping to involve residents more in designing and delivering services through the cooperative council.
We are always eager to listen so please do get in touch or visit us at our regular surgeries.
With very best wishes for 2012,
Cllr Edward Davie Cllr Diana Morris Cllr Lib Peck