Lambeth is becoming a cooperative council and is committed to a new way of working. Over the past few months Lambeth have been working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders to develop a cooperative approach to service delivery in the following areas:
- Youth centres
- Adventure playgrounds
- Stay and Play One O’clock clubs, and
- Young and Safe (a project for young people who are at risk of serious youth offending).
This approach will see collaboration between different stakeholders and be defined by:
- Localism – engagement and involvement of local communities
- Co–production – so that local communities and stakeholders are involved in deciding what and how services should be delivered
- Developing cooperative models for service delivery that include mutual’s, lead partner organisations, friends of groups
- Community commissioning – local people deciding which services should be commissioned to support young people.
If you are interested in becoming involved in the delivery of these services, or working with others to deliver them, please call 020 7926 3778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9 December 2011.
If you are interested in getting more involved in any of the services the council offers. For more information, visit www.lambeth.gov.uk/cooperativecouncil