Due to the very substantial reduction in government funding to local authorities, as part of their deficit reduction programme, Lambeth council need to make savings of nearly £80 million over the next three financial years.
Find out more at Budget 2011 – cuts to council funding page.
Lambeth council are seeking views on how this challenge can be met. If you have a suggestion about how the council can save money or increase the amount of money it receives please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What services you think must be protected at all costs and why?
- Which services you think could be reduced or have fees introduced or increased?
- How should the council respond to the budget cuts it is facing?
You Choose budget simulator
You can help the council to meet the financial challenge ahead by using the budget simulator to give your views on how the council should balance the budget.
The simulator has been developed using free software provided by YouGov and asks people to reduce our budget by £25 million in the areas they prefer, with illustrative examples of the potential impact.
The council will be hosting public events to discuss how they can meet the challenges posed by the Comprehensive Spending Review. Due to limited spaces you need to register your interest in the event as otherwise a space cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively, you can phone Dan Heron on 020 7926 0866 to book your space.
The events are:
- Tuesday 18 January 2011, 7-9pm, Lambeth Town Hall, Assembly Rooms.
- Saturday 22 January 2011, 1-3pm, Nettlefold Hall, Norwood.